2 Chainz is a well-known American rapper, songwriter, media personality, and a basketball player. He has also been a part of the show ‘Most Expensivest’, which has aired for three seasons on the TV network, Viceland. In this article, we will look into some interesting facts about his life and 2 Chainz Net Worth.
2 Chainz became a public face by being a part of the ‘Southern hip hop’ duo ‘Playaz Circle’. He was a part of this duo with his high school rapper friend, Earl “Dolla Boy” Conyers. They were working under the label ‘Disturbing the Peace’
They made their first debut single, Duffel Bagboy, with the label. 2 Chainz made his first solo album with the label Def Jam Recordings.
He signed a solo record deal with this label and came up with his solo album, “Based on a T.R.U. Story” which was certified Gold by the RIAA and ranked first on the US Billboard 200.
Within a week, This album made a sale of 147,000 copies. The album contained three successful singles “No Lie,” Birthday Song,” and “I’m Different”.
These singles made their way among the top 50 of the Billboard Hot 100 and were even certified Gold or higher. This was the turning point of his life and he never looked back.
Soon after that his second album “B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time” came out featuring record braking singles like “Feds Watching” and “Used 2”. This album made a sale of 63,000 copies within the first week of its release. And the list continues.
Table of Contents
2 Chainz Net Worth and Overview
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
|Occupation||Rapper, songwriter, media personality.|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1977|
|Height||6’5” ft. or 1.96m|
|Spouse(s)||Kesha Ward (m. 2018)|
|Children||Harmony Epps, Heaven Epps, Halo Epps|
|Country of Origin||The United States of America|
|Source of Wealth||Music Albums and Mixtapes|
|Instagram Followers||8.8 million|
|Twitter Followers||4.4 million|
|Last Updated||December 2020|
2 Chainz’s original name is Tauheed Epps, he later kept a stage name Tity Boi and further changed it to 2 Chainz. He was born on September 12, 1977, in College Park, Georgia. Tauheed did his schooling from North Clayton High School.
He was a brilliant student and an excellent basketball player. He graduated with 2nd position from his school. Later on, he attended Alabama university and played for their basketball team for two years i.e. 1995- 1997.
He later dropped out of Alabama University and went to Virginia State University because he allegedly got into some trouble then he came back again and finally graduated from Alabama Unversity itself.
Although he was a good student and a good basketball player, he frequently got into trouble for being involved with drugs. He even went to jail for dealing with marijuana and cocaine when he was 15 years old.
2 Chainz had a very difficult childhood, and his mother mostly raised him. His father was mostly in prison or some sort of legal trouble for several charges.
Career highlights and Awards
Coming from such a difficult background 2 Chainz never backed down. He gave some hit albums and singles and received several awards. 2 Chainz won several awards for his songs such as –
- 2 Chainz won two BET ‘Best collaboration Award’ for “Fuckin Problems” with A$AP Rocky, Drake and Kendrick Lamar in 2013, and “No Problem” with Chance the Rapper and Lil Wayne in 2017.
- In 2012, he won ‘Reese’s Perfect Combo Award (Best Collab, Duo or Group)’ and ‘Sweet 16: Best Featured Verse’ for “Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and Pusha T.
- Won the ‘People’s Champ Award’ for “No lie” featuring Drake in 2012.
- Won ‘Rookie of the Year Award’ for the album “Himself” in the year 2012.
- 2 Chainz was nominated multiple times for Grammy Awards. He won a Grammy for ‘Best Performance’ for his album “No Problem” in the year 2017.
- He won the ‘Soul Train Award in 2012’ for ‘Best Hip-Hop Song of the Year’ for his song “Mercy”.
Chainz made a lot of business ventures over the years. In January 2015, he announced that he was starting his own independent label named The Real University. Then in October 2016, he launched his first line of hoodies called “CEO Millionaires or Create Every Opportunity Millionaires”.
He launched his own line of sweaters named the “Dabbing Sweaters.” In 2019, he acquired a small ownership stake in the team’s NBA G League affiliate, the College Park Skyhawks.
Epps married his longtime girlfriend, Kesha ward on August 18, 2018. He has three children, two daughters and one son, with Kesha.
His elder daughter, Heaven, was born on July 26, 2008, and the younger daughter was born on October 20, 2012. On October 14, 2015, 2 Chainz and Kesha had their third child, Halo.
Despite having a successful career Chainz had constant brushes with the law. The cops arrested him several times for drug possession. He first went to jail when he was 15, for possessing and dealing with marijuana and cocaine.
In 2013, the authorities arrested him for boarding a departing flight at LAX airport for possessing a controlled substance. After examining the TSA agents found that his bag contained marijuana and promethazine.
He was arrested on the same day and was charged with felony narcotics possession. Later that day he posted a $10,000 bond and was released. Similarly, there were several incidents where Epps was booked for the possession of marijuana and other drugs.
Fans and media have criticized 2 Chainz for the stage name Tity Boi. Most of the people thought it was a derogatory remark towards females. Thus, he later adopted 2 Chainz as a pseudonym.
He was also criticized for using Pablo Escobar’s face and identity to promote his business. 2 Chainz has restaurants in Atlanta where he used Pablo Escobar’s name without taking the permission of his family.
Pablo Escobar’s family firm filed a lawsuit against him. Thus, he is against in some legal trouble, and fans and media are criticizing him.
What is 2 Chainz Net Worth in 2021?
2 Chainz is a popular public figure. He has released several hit albums. 2 Chainz also owns a popular YouTube channel that has over 3 million subscribers. He has made a fair amount of wealth through his music career. Tyga Net Worth in 2021 is estimated to be $6 million.
A Few Interesting Facts About 2 Chainz
- His estimated net worth is around $6 million.
- Epps’ initial stage name was Tity Boi but the media and other people criticized this name. This was a derogatory term for females. Although he repeatedly denied these accusations. In early 2011, he changed his stage name to 2 Chainz, which was more family-friendly.
- In June 2013, he was once reportedly robbed at gunpoint outside a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco.
- His second album B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time was a huge success in America and it also gained popularity in other countries like Canada. Also, it ranked in the 11th position at the Canadian albums chart.
- In 2013, Epps co-founded the TRU Foundation which is a Non-profit Organization to fight poverty, dismal education, and domestic violence.
- He has helped several single moms in paying their bills as he knew about the struggles of single parents since he had seen this throughout his childhood.
2 Chainz is a famous celebrity who has worked in multiple disciplines of sports and entertainment. He had a rough childhood and came from a very weak background. But he worked his way up to the top and earned love, appreciation, and wealth.
A few of his albums did exceptionally well. His musical venture earned him a lot of fortune. 2 Chainz Net Worth in 2021 is $6 million.