Chris Stapleton, otherwise called Christopher Alvin Stapleton, is a prominent singer, record producer, and songwriter. He wrote numerous songs and most of them have a massive fan base. This article includes his life journey from the beginning till today. Read ahead to find Chris Stapleton’s net worth, family background, career, and other success stories.
Table of Contents
Chris Stapleton Net Worth and Overview
|Net Worth||$15 Million|
|Date of Birth||15 April 1978|
|Height||5′ 9″, 180cm|
|Source of wealth||Songwriter, Singer, Producer|
|Country of origin||Lexington, Kentucky, USA|
|Last Updated||June 2021|
Christopher Alvin Stapleton was born in Lexington, Kentucky on 15th April 1958. His ancestors were coal miners and so his father had inherited the same. Chris’s mother was a service holder in the local health department. He was brought up in Staffordsville. Chris has an elder brother and a younger sister.
He completed his graduation from Johnson Central High School. Football was his favorite sport and he was also his class salutatorian there. Chris then wanted to pursue his degree in Engineering and enrolled in Vanderbilt University. Unfortunately, he dropped out of university within a year.
In 2001, Chris Stapleton decided to move from Staffordsville. He chose to stay in Nashville, Tennessee to unleash his potential in music. In less than a week, he got to sign a contract with Sea Gayle Music publishing house as a songwriter. Lucky Chris!
Chris got the chance to write megahit songs for Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, and Thomas Rhett. Many of his superhit songs didn’t just get to the top, they stayed on top for several weeks. ‘Never Wanted Nothing More’, ‘Love’s Gonna Make It Alright, ‘Come Back Song’, are ‘Drink a Beer’ are a few successful ones.
Chris then joined ‘The Steeldrivers’ as a frontman in 2008. The band got 3 Grammy nominations and secured 2nd position in the bluegrass chart for two of its hit records.
Stapleton left ‘The Steel drivers’ and started his journey founding The Jompson Brothers. He was working as a guitarist and vocalist. ‘Secret Weapon’ was an album released by the band in 2010.
3 years later, Chris started his solo career. Though his first single wasn’t a big hit, it didn’t stop him to focus harder.
Chris’s song made it to the soundtracks of ‘Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip’, ‘Valentine’s Day’, ‘Hell or High Water’ and other noteworthy movies.
He also sang a duet song ‘Amanda’ with his better half and performed the song in concerts and radio shows.
“Travel” was his lucky album which bought him stardom. The album was based on his wife and live band. The harmonies were by Morgane and the live band was on the guitar. Chris went on a trip after his father’s demise and “Travel” was inspired by it.
This album grabbed a bag full of awards and nominations.
In 2016, Chris came up with his second album ‘From A Room: Volume 2’. Dave Cobb was the co-producer and the album won hearts as it featured a range of musical styles. The CMA award was presented to the album for being the Album of the Year.
Highlights and Achievements
- Chris Stapleton’s debut “Traveler” album was a blockbuster hit and earned him a handful of rewards. Grammy Awards for the Best Country Album, Album of the Year Grammy nomination, triple-platinum certification, and several other awards and nominations came as blessings for his debut award.
- “Traveler” is one lucky charm for Stapleton. This song made it to the top on the US Billboard 200 chart when he performed with Justin Timberlake. It was presented at Country Music Association Awards 2015.
- Second Album: Again, a smash hit! ‘From A Room: Volume 1’ became the best-selling album of the country that year. Published by Mercury Nashville, Dave Cobb and Stapleton produced the hit song. It had roots rock, blues, and country music. The album secured top position in the Canadian Albums Chart and US Country Albums chart. Not only did it debut as number 1, but fans also kept it at the top for weeks. It was at the second position on the US Billboard 200.
- In 2008, Stapleton has become the top earner of the country. Source: Nielsen 2018 Mid-Year Report.
- He won the Billboard Music Awards five times, 9 ASCAP Country Awards, and 10 Country Music Association Awards. He has 5 Grammy Awards and also won the Academy of Country Music Awards 7 times.
Stapleton tied his knot with Morgane Stapleton. She is a singer and songwriter. They made a connection while working in a publishing house and decided to tie knots in 2007. Morgane has been a part of the Arista Nashville record company. She was the co-writer of ‘Don’t Forget to Remember Me’ which was Carrie Underwood’s big success.
Staple and Morgane reside in Nashville along with their 5 children. Waylon and Ada are the couple’s first two children. They are also blessed with twin babies, Samuel and Malcolm. Chris is a family person and he considers his band crew and members a part of his family too.
The song “Starting Over” was dedicated to his dog, Maggie.
Age, Height, and Weight
Chris is now a 43 years old handsome man. His birthday is on 15 April 1978. He weighs about 88kg which is 194lbs. Chris’s height is 5′ 9″ or 180 cm.
Chris’s album “Starting Over” had to go through critics’ rave as it was quite different than the others. People started questioning his ability to produce good country music. Chris thinks it’s all about one’s taste and no one has the right to question that.
Chris Stapleton Net worth in 2021
His splendid voice and singing dedication made him earn millions. Chris has released mega-hit songs over the years which were on top of the billboard. Currently, Chris’s net worth is about $15 million. He earned it all from his career, concerts, and tours. Diverse endorsement deals are also a major source of his income.
Chris is an excellent addition to the music industry. His family has always been supportive and encouraged him to dream bigger. Songs by Chris have been sold in millions around the world. His perseverance and dedication helped him climb the stair of success.