Emmy Rossum is an American actor-singer who’s 34 years old currently. She’s known for playing important roles in TV shows like Shameless and several others. Let us find out what is Emmy Rossum net worth and some other interesting facts about her.
In addition to these, Rossum is also recognized for her promising delivery in films like Mystic River and The Phantom of the Opera- both of which led her to win multiple awards.
Aside from her work, Rossum is known for her charity love as well! She was a former YouthAIDS Ambassador and participated in multiple protests for human rights.
Moreover, she’s quite vocal about her love for helping the unfortunate. Furthermore, she’s a great inspiration to the young audience, having battled mental health herself!
Table of Contents
Emmy Rossum Net Worth and Overview
|Net Worth||$12 million|
|Date of birth||12th September 1986|
|Age||34 years old|
|Source of wealth||Acting and singing|
|Country of origin||United States of America|
|Last Updated||December 2020|
Born on September 12, 1986, Emmy Rossum spent most of her childhood in New York. Her mother was single and a corporate photographer, Cheryl Rossum.
Emmy Rossum didn’t have any siblings and her parents had separated while her mother was pregnant with her. Moreover, Rossum’s father wasn’t involved in her life much.
Her full name is Emmanuelle Grey Rossum, after her great-grandfather. Rossum’s career started when she was seven only after director Elena Doria welcomed her to play in the children’s chorus.
Rossum had managed to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ in twelve keys, hence the invitation. Over the next few years, Rossum continued singing in the chorus and improving her skills.
However, Rossum was diagnosed with ADHD, which made education quite tough for her. She attended schools for gifted youths and finally enrolled in Columbia University, to complete her education.
Even though Rossum’s career started when she was seven, her television debut occurred in 1977. She had made a guest appearance in the show ‘Law & Order’.
However, her film debut was the one that made her popular among the audience- Mystic River in 2003. Moreover, Rossum received several nominations for her performance.
Rossum’s performance in Mystic River led the directors to recognize her potential. During the same year, she played the lead role in the film Nola.
In the following year, the audience saw her on the big screen again in the film Day After Tomorrow in 2004. Her fan following was growing with each film!
In 2009, Rossum joined the series Shameless, for which she was praised universally.
Her portrayal of the character was stated to be outstanding. From then onwards, Rossum was cast in several films- Inside, Beautiful Creatures, Comet, Curfew, etc.
Along with her acting career, Rossum had an impressive music career as well.
Starting with her mesmerizing performance in Phantom of the Opera, she has released and sung in many albums like Inside Out, Carol of the Bells, We’ve All Been There, etc.
Highlights and Achievements
- Nominated in the ‘Best Performance for Supporting Young Actress’ in the Young Artist Awards for Genius.
- Nominated in the ‘Best Debut Performance’ in the Film Independent Spirit Awards for Songcatcher.
- Nominated in the ‘Best Cast Ensemble’ in the Circuit Community Awards for Mystic River.
- Won the ‘Best Breakthrough Performance by an Actress’ in the National Board of Revie for The Phantom of the Opera.
- Won the ‘Best Performance by a Young Actress’ in the Saturn Awards for The Phantom of the Opera,
- Won the ‘Best Young Actress’ in the Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards for The Phantom of the Opera.
- Nominated in the ‘Best Actress- Motion Picture Comedy or Musical’ in the Golden Globe Awards for The Phantom of Opera.
- Nominated in the ‘Breakthrough Performance’ in the Golden Derby Awards for The Phantom of the Opera.
- Nominated in the ‘Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical’ in the Satellite Awards for The Phantom of the Opera.
- Won the ‘Best Performance in a Feature Film’ in the Young Artist Awards for The Phantom of the Opera.
- Nominated in the ‘Best Breakthrough’ in the International Online Cinema Awards for The Phantom of the Opera.
- Nominated in the ‘Breakthrough- Female’ in the MTV Movie Awards for The Day After Tomorrow.
- Won the ‘Breakthrough Performer’ in the Hamptons International Film Festival for Dare.
- Won the ‘Young Hollywood Award’ in the Savannah Film Festival for Herself.
- Nominated in the ‘Best TV Actress’ in the IGN Movie Awards for Shameless.
- Nominated in the ‘Best Actress in Drama Series’ in Online Film and Television Association for Shameless.
- Nominated in the ‘Best Actress in Drama Series’ in the Critics’ Choice Television Awards for Shameless.
- Nominated in the ‘Performance in a Comedy Series’ in the Prism Awards for Shameless.
- Won the ‘Avalon Aard’ in the Catalina Film Festival for Herself.
- Won the ‘Best Supporting Actress in a Feature’ in the Northeast Film Festival for Before I Disappear.
- Nominated in the ‘Favorite Premium Actress’ in the People’s Choice Awards for Shameless.
- Nominated in the ‘Best Actor’ in the Shorty Awards for Shameless.
Age, Height, and Weight
The actor/singer is Virgo who’s 34 years old, as of now. Her height is 173 cm, and she weighs 55 kilograms approximately.
Currently, Rossum is married to Sam Esmail, a writer, and director after they dated for two years. Previously, Rossum was married to Justin Siegel in 2008.
However, they filed a divorce in 2010 and stated that they had irreconcilable differences.
Rossum has stated in media that isn’t a religious person, but a spiritual one.
Rossum was diagnosed with ADHD, which she had a hard time recovering from it. Moreover, Rossum’s career was somewhat consistent throughout, the actor-singer didn’t keep much room for scandals.
Emmy Rossum Net Worth in 2021
The net worth of Emmy Rossum stands at $12 million as of now. In 2021, we expect to see her in the TV series Angelyne, where she’ll be playing the lead role of Angelyne.
Emmy Rossum is also connected to charity work and hopes to go further with that line, according to media reports.