Jadakiss, one of the best figures in his field, has made a name for himself as a freestyle rapper since he was 16. He has been engaged with many rap and hip hop groups such as The Lox, The Ruff Riders and has released many of his solo works as well.
He has also collaborated with other artists like Jay Z and has worked with multinational record labels like Def Jam Records and Puff Daddy’s Bad Boy Entertainment.
Jadakiss net worth at present is 6 million dollars, and to know more about his career and his personal life, do keep on reading.
Table of Contents
Jadakiss Net Worth and Overview
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
|Date of Birth||May 27, 1975|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper, Songwriter|
|Country of Origin||Yonkers, New York, United States of America|
|Last Updated||February 2021|
Jason Terrance Phillips, known by his stage name as Jadakiss, was born on 27th May 1975 in Yonkers a city in New York.
His childhood was spent by taking part in crimes such as selling drugs when his parents asked him to make his own money.
But later to change his way of earning, he participated in a rap competition in Florida. He was quickly noticed by a record label through whose help he started his own group.
At the age of twelve, with the help of his fellow rappers Styles P. and Sheek Louch, Jadakiss formed his own group and named it “The Warlocks”.
The group was noticed by an American songwriter Mary J Blige, who was really impressed with their work. She passed on their names to the rapper Puff Daddy who helped them sign into the record label “Bad Boy Entertainment”.
The group name was later shortened to “The Lox”. They started working with other artists like Mariah Carey and Mary J Blige and released their first album in 1998.
But they realized they wanted to enhance their style of rapping, and so they left Bad Boy Entertainment to join the label The Ruff Riders in 2000.
With this label they released their second album named “We Are the Streets”, which secured a position in the Billboard charts.
Jadakiss’s first solo work was for his friend, “We’ll Always Love Big Poppa”. His first solo album was released in 2001, named “Kiss Tha Game Goodbye.” His second and third albums were “Kiss of Death” and “Top 5 Dead or Alive” which were released in 2004 and 2015 respectively.
Highlights and Achievements
- Jadakiss was the main member of his rap group The Lox.
- He and his group members released many group albums and later they had their own solo albums.
- The Lox has worked with artists like Mariah Carey, Notorious B.I.G., Mase and Jadakiss collaborated with Jay Z, Puff Daddy, and Mariah Carey.
- Notorious B.I.G was Jadakiss’s idol and a mentor.
- He released a mixtape “Consignment” in 2012
- Jadakiss has in total of four single albums and his recent work was in 2015 which was initially to be released in 2013.
- After 16 years, Jadakiss with his members came out with an album in 2016.
- Jadakiss owns a media company named SoRaspy.
- He received a nomination for the Grammy Awards in 2005 in the category Best Rap Collaboration.
- Jadakiss received a Vibe Award for one of his remixes.
Age, Height, and Weight
Jadakiss is 45 years old and weighs about 78 kg. He is 1.7 meters tall and his birth sign is Gemini.
The rapper has never disclosed much about his personal life. He has dated the reality television figure, Winter Ramos, for a long time.
They have been dating for ten years since 1997 and later tied the knot. Jadakiss has been charged with possessing drugs multiple times and was arrested. He has not been on good terms with some hip hop artists.
- Jadakiss picked out drug dealing as his first source of earning money when he was asked to contribute by his parents.
- He played basketball in high school
- He is a co-founder of the record label “D-Block Records”.
- He has a diss track on his album which he released from a feud with the rapper 50 Cent.
- According to Jadakiss, the terrorist attack of New York in 2001 was planned by George W. Bush.
- For his belief, Bill O’Reilly a host in Fox News said that former President George W. Bush should file a statement against Jadakiss for spoken defamation.
- Jadakiss was found with a loaded gun and drugs in 2006 and got arrested on drug charges.
Jadakiss took part in a song by Ja Rule where he (Ja) called the rapper 50 Cent to be a snitch in 2004. In reply, 50 Cent in his song “Piggy Bank” dissed Jadakiss for performing on that song with Ja Rule.
Jadakiss further made multiple diss tracks on 50 Cent such as “Checkmate”, “Problem Child”, “Shots Fired”. 50 Cent and his crew G -Unit released more diss tracks on Jadakiss named “I Run New York”, “Window Shopper”, and “Death Wish”.
He was later challenged by Jadakiss to participate in a rap battle but 50 Cent refused. Later in 2009, Jadakiss performed with G-Unit for the 50 Cents festival and their fight was resolved.
Jadakiss Net Worth in 2021
As of 2021, Jadakiss net worth is more than 6 million dollars. He came to this destiny by releasing many solo albums, group albums as well as solo tracks. One of his albums with The Lox received a platinum certification.
Jadakiss is the co-founder of a juice company “Juices for Life” in Yonker, New York. He also owns a media company named “So Raspy” with Jay Jackson. Jadakiss has an online record label publication which also contributes to his earnings.
Jadakiss has started his career at a very young age and has become one of the most successful rappers of the current time.