Ludacris is a well-known American rapper and actor. He first came into limelight with his first album “Incognero” which was released in 1999. In this article, we will look into some intriguing insights about his life and Ludacris Net Worth in 2021.
Although, his first album was not a huge success in the year 2000. It managed to get national attention with his first major-label debut, “Back for the First Time”. It had some hit singles like “Southern Hospitality” and “What’s Your Fantasy”.
Ludacris also became popular for his role as Tej Parker in the movie series “The Fast and the Furious”. After that, he went on for year after year to release albums. Many of these were certified multi-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.
In 2006, he released an album “Release Therapy” and “Theatre of Mind” in 2008 which had a more serious approach than his other albums.
He made a return in 2010 with a lighthearted album, “Battle of the Sexes”. In the late 1990s, he formed his label named “Disturbing tha Peace” and signed some other rappers like 2 Chainz and Earl ‘Dolla’ Boy.
He later signed by the label ‘Def Jam South’ and became one of the first “Dirty South” rappers to achieve mainstream success with his releases. He also acted in movies like Crash (2004), Gamer (2009), and New Year’s Eve (2011).
Table of Contents
Ludacris Net Worth and Overview
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
|Occupation||Rapper, Actor, and Entrepreneur.|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1977|
|Height||5’8” ft. or 1.73m|
|Spouse(s)||Eudoxie Mbouguiengue (m. 2014)|
|Children||Karma Bridges, Shaila Scott, Cadence Gaelle Bridges, Cai Bella Bridges|
|Country of Origin||The United States of America|
|Source of Wealth||Music Albums and Movies|
|Instagram Followers||12.4 million|
|Twitter Followers||11.4 million|
|YouTube Subscribers||1.85 million|
|Last Updated||December 2020|
Ludacris’ original name is Christopher Brian Bridges and he belongs to an African American, English, and Native American ancestry. He was born on September 11, 1977, in Champaign, Illinois, and was the only child of Roberta Shields and Wayne Brian Bridges.
Bridges were passionate about rapping from the start and wrote his first rap at a very young age of nine and even joined an amateur rap group after three years of moving to Atlanta. Before that, he moved to Chicago where he attended the Emerson Middle School and Oak Park & River Forest High School for a year.
In 1955, he graduated from Banneker High School in Atlanta, Georgia. He then went on to study music management at Georgia State University. Ludacris even aspired to become a DJ but left it to follow his passion for rapping.
Career Highlights and Awards
Bridges have a long list of achievements to his name. From releasing his first album to starting his own label, he has never looked back. Starting from 1999 he gave back to back albums almost every year. In 2001 he released “Word of Mouf”, “Chicken-n-Beer” (2003), “The Red Light District” (2004), and so on.
His latest album “Ludaversal” was released on March 31, 2015. Ludacris is not only a successful rapper but also a well-established actor. He has multiple BET, Grammy and other awards and nominations to his name, for rapping as well as acting, such as:
- In 2002, he won BET ‘Video of the Year’ for “One Minute Man” and the ‘Best Male Hip-Hop Artist’ award.
- He won BET ‘Viewer’s Choice’, ‘Best Collaboration’, and ‘Video of the Year’ award for “Yeah” in 2004.
- Ludacris again won the BET ‘Best Male Hip-Hop Artist’ award in 2004. He won the BET ‘Best Actor’ award for his role in the movie “Unpredictable.”
- In 2008, he had the BET ‘Best Hip-Hop Collaboration’ award for “Runaway Love” and “I’m So Hood”.
- In 2018, he received CMT Music Award ‘Female Video of the Year’ for “The Champion” with Carrie Underwood.
- He had several Grammy nominations to his name and won three of them. These include
- ‘Best Rap/Sung Collaboration’ for “Yeah” with Usher and Lil Jon in 2005
- He won ‘Best Rap Song’ for “Money Maker” featuring Pharrell in 2007
- ‘Best Rap Album’ for “Release Therapy”, in 2007.
- He won the Screen Actors Guild Awards under the category ‘Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture’ for the movie “Crash”.
- He has also won both Screen Actors Guild and Critic’s Choice Award for his role as Tej Parker in the movie series “The Fast and the Furious”.
Bridges have had several relationships and have three children from them. He has a daughter, named Karma Bridges born in August 2001, with an attorney from Atlanta. He has another daughter, named Cia Bella Bridges born in December 2013, with his longtime friend Tamika Fuller.
Ludacris was in a relationship with the model Eudoxie Mbouguiengue from 2009 to 2014 and married her on December 26, 2014, in Costa Rica. In June 2015 he had his third daughter with Eudoxie.
Ludacris made several business ventures over the years. He has his own record label, “Disturbing tha Peace” and an imprint distributed by ‘Def Jam Recordings’. He has his own line of headphones called “Soul By Ludacris” in collaboration with Soul Electronics.
Bridges also own a restaurant, called “Chicken N Beer” at the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta. He is the co-founder of a liquor brand named “Conjure Cognac”.
In 2006, Bridges signed up for a television and print advertising campaign for Puma. This released three limited-edition models of Puma Clyde sneakers with Ludacris’ image on the heel of the insole and “DTP”(Disturbing tha Peace) on the heel window.
Bridges have had a few controversies during his career. He had a brawl with T.I., also an American rapper, singer, actor, songwriter. T.I. saw Ludacris’ I-20’s video in which a man wearing a t-shirt labeled “Trap House” was being beaten.
T.I. thought that the t-shirt actually read “Trap Muzik”. He through this to be a reference to his album with the same name. This caused a lot of public drama but T.I. finally apologized for his behavior.
What is Ludacris Net Worth in 2021?
Ludacris Net Worth in 2021 is $25 million. He as achieved a lot success with his rapping and acting skills. Over the years, he has managed to expand his professional domain beyond the entertainment field.
He has invested in several business ventures and a few of them have turned out to be quite profitable.
A Few Interesting Facts About Ludacris
- Ludacris got his Gabonese citizenship along with his mother and two daughters in January 2020.
- Bridges is known to be a distant cousin of the late comedian Richard Pryor.
- During the 2008 presidential election, Ludacris released a mixtape “The preview”. It had a song named “Politics as Usual” criticizing Jesse Jackson, John McCain, George W. Bush, and Hilary Clinton.
- Ludacris is nominated for almost 43 awards and has won 17.
- Ludacris’s first five albums had achieved multi-platinum status, and the next two albums achieved gold status. He also has 4 albums that peaked at number one on the Billboard 200 Charts.
Ludacris is a famous actor and rapper who has given several hit albums. His portrayal of Tej Parker from the popular movie series Fast and the Furious is also earned him a lot of popularity and appraisal from fans across the globe.
He discovered the passion for rapping at a very young age. He worked hard with his art and went on to deliver some exceptionally great works of art.
Ludacris is also known for his philanthropic acts. He owns a few businesses and all these ventures have collectively earned him a decent amount of wealth. Ludacris Net Worth in 2021 is $25 million.