Matt Stonie is an American Competitive Eater and YouTuber. He currently holds 3rd rank in Major League Eating. Find out more about him through Matt Stonie Net Worth and 5 Interesting Facts About Him.
The 120 pounds Competitive Eater seems to have the World’s favorite job. But is it that easy to keep up good health while eating too much in a competition?
How did he end up having Competitive Eating as a profession? What he has to say to his criticizers? How many World Records does the 28-year-old hold?
Find out all about that from Matt Stonie Net Worth and 5 Interesting Facts About Him!
Table of Contents
Matt Stonie Net Worth & Overview
|Net Worth||$700 Thousand|
|Occupation||Competitive Eater, YouTuber|
|Date of Birth||May 24, 1992|
|Country of Origin||US|
|Source of Wealth||YouTube|
|Instagram Followers||355 k|
|Twitter Followers||68.4 k|
|YouTube Followers||12.4 m|
|Last Updated||December 2020|
Matthew Kai Stonie, aka Matt Stonie, was on May 24, 1992, in San Francisco, California. His parents are Dorian and Cathy Stonie. Stonie is half-European and half-Japanese.
After graduating from Evergreen Valley High School, Stonie joined Mission College majoring in Nutrition.
Matt Stonie is widely popular under the nickname, Megatoad; The name originated in the Super Mario Franchise.
Stonie is famous for his appearances and wins on American Competitive Eating competitions. He holds more than 10 current World Records.
Matt has a brother named Morgan Stonie. Morgan can be seen as involved in the production of challenges on Matt’s YouTube channel; He is the cameraman as well.
Career Highlights and Achievements
Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest
- In 2015, Matt Stonie defeated the eight-time defending champion of Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, Joey Chestnut. He ate 62 hot dogs while Chestnut ate 60.
- In 2016, He won the second prize, losing to Chestnut. Chestnut ate 70, while Stonie could only stomach 53 hot dogs.
- In 2017, Stonie came in third. His 48 hot dogs run was defeated by Carmen Cincotti’s 60 and Chestnut’s 72.
- In 2018, he came in fifth place, while Chestnut became first.
- In 2019, Matt was placed in the fourth place, while Chestnut became first.
Matt Stonie has made plenty number of World Records while participating in several competitions:
- Birthday Cake: 5.5 pounds in 9 minutes.
- Frozen Yogurt: 10.5 pounds in 6 minutes.
- Kookamonga Burger: 7.5 pound in 4 minutes, 43 seconds
Indian Taco: 32.5 in 8 minutes.
- Slugburgers: 43 in 10 minutes.
- Pumkin Pie: 20.8 pounds in 8 minutes.
- McDonald’s Happy Meal: eaten in 15.22 seconds.
- Bacon: 182 slices in 5 minutes.
- Iguana’s Burritozilla: 5 pounds in 1 min. 5 sec.
- Pork Sandwiches: 15 in 10 minutes.
- Traditional Carne Asada Tacos: 103 in 8 minutes.
- Martorano’s Signature Pasta & Sauce: 10 pounds in 8 minutes.
- Smithfield Pork Ribs: 71 in 5 minutes.
- Silver Dollar Pancakes: 113 in 8 minutes.
- Moon Pies: 85 in 8 minutes.
- Chicken Spiedies: 20.5 in 10 minutes.
Although Matt Stonie is a famous YouTuber and a Competitive eater, not many people know about his personal life.
He has been private about his personal life. Other than his brother, Morgan Stonie, who helps with the content development on his YouTube channel, other things about his relations are found nowhere.
Matt Stonie has a YouTube channel under his name in which he posts the videos of him eating by himself. He has uploaded 361 videos to date and has 12.4 million subscribers. The total views he had gotten for his channel are more than two billion.
Morgan Stonie, his brother, acts as a cameraman for the YouTube Channel. According to Matt, Morgan is the life of these videos as he makes funny comments in the background.
It is not just his eating skills that make people subscribe more to Matt’s YouTube channel; it is partially because of his philanthropic nature. Matt often donates to charity.
He particularly tries to make sure that he helps those in need of food. After eating so much food for a while now, Stonie has recognized the importance of a meal to a person.
His profession is to eat without thinking. But after Stonie completes his work, he thinks of those in need. In turn, he financially supports those in need of a single meal on a day.
Is Gluttony a Sport?
People criticize others without any logic, sometimes. That’s the case with Matt Stonie. Many people criticize him for wasting so much food by eating a lot.
They state that the world is facing the scarcity of food, and the competitive eaters are doing nothing but worsen this fact. Although it is a general criticism, as a person who has a career in competitive eating, this affects Stonie, as much any other competitive eaters.
Stonie replied to such comments:
“What we do on the stage is gluttony, But whether I eat two hot dogs today or 60, it’s not going to make a difference anywhere else. Major League Eating does a lot for charity. I’ve generated a few thousand dollars for charity from my YouTube videos.”
Should Gluttony be considered as a sport? Although that is an unanswerable question, Stonie does have a valid explanation to the question.
5 Interesting Facts About Matt Stonie
- His Competitive Eating career began because of free food. Since he had limited money, when he learned about a local lobster roll eating competition, all he thought was free food. When he won free food as well as $1000 from it, Stonie made up his mind to pursue that career.
- Grocery tax or Work expenses? As a Competitive Eater, Stonie has to buy a lot of groceries. Since it is his profession, he doesn’t have to pay the taxes of the groceries. He can write-off the grocery taxes as work expenses.
- Other than being an excellent Competitive Eater, Matt Stonie also is an excellent singer.
- Stonie has no favorite meals. Since he tries way too many cuisines and types of food, the young Competitive Eater has no favorite meal, so far.
- The fun job was not at all fun when he started. Since he was eating more than 10000 calories per competition, Stonie had to work hard to make his body used to be the new diet.
Matthew Kai Stonie, aka Matt Stonie, is an American Competitive Eater and Media Personality. He began his career in competitive eating from the age of 17. He entered this profession after finding out he would get free food from a place.
Matt Stonie became famous in his profession after defeating an eight-time champion. Matt has created more than 24 World Records.
Although he owns a YouTube channel and is pretty outspoken, Stonie keeps his personal life private.
Other than his brother Morgan, who is his cameraman as well as content development helper, no other information about Stonie is not available anywhere.
Matt Stonie has a YouTube channel that has more than 12 million subscribers to date. Matt Stonie Net Worth in 2021 is $700 Thousand.